PhD, Informatics. University of Edinburgh (In Progress, est. 2021)
Masters of Science and Engineering, Computer Science. Johns Hopkins University, 2015
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science. Carnegie Mellon University, 2013.
Minor: Language Technologies
The Recurse Center (Sabbatical) Experimental unstructured educational programming retreat.
Johns Hopkins University (2013-2015):
Research Assistant. Machine translation, informal domain adaptation, and semantics research in pursuit of a PhD.
Language Technologies Institute, Carnegie Mellon University (2010-2013):
Research Assistant. Helped design fragmented dependency parse framework and implemented Python libraries for it.
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Language and Speech Processing (Summer 2012):
Undergraduate Research Fellow at the CLSP Summer Workshop. On computer vision team, implemented machine learning algorithms in Matlab to verify and explore boundary annotations from Mechanical Turk.
Google (Winter 2020):
Research Intern, AI/Language group. Worked on dynamics of transformer models.
Koko, inc. (2017)
Contractor. Developed neural classifiers for informal text at NYC startup.
Google (Summer 2015):
SWE Intern, Machine Intelligence group. Worked on semantics of complex noun phrases.
Google (Summer 2013):
SWE Intern, Machine Intelligence group. Using models of real-world knowledge as feedback to semantic annotation systems.
Facebook, Inc. (Summer 2011):
Engineering Intern. Engineered and tested new features for the People You May Know model.
Tutor, University of Edinburgh (2016-)
Machine Learning And Pattern Recognition; Probabilistic Modeling And Reasoning; Informatics Research Review.
Course Assistant, Johns Hopkins University (Fall 2013):
Natural Language Processing.
Teacher’s Assistant, Irvington High School (2008):
Ancient Greek. (I will never drop this item from my CV.)
- ACL Accessibility Subcommittee (2020)
- Edinburgh Uni Staff Pride Network Disability Representative (2019-2020)
- Machine Learning for NLP Reading Group Leader at Edinburgh (2018-2019)
- ILCC Cookie Czar (2018-2019).
- Student Social Co-Chair for ACL (2014).
- Volunteer for North American Computational Linguistics Olympiad (2011-14).
- Carnegie Mellon TechNights teacher (outreach program) (2013).
- Carnegie Mellon Tartanhacks Mentor (hackathon) (2013).
- Learning With Limited Data
- Women in Machine Learning (WIML)
- New York Academy of Sciences - Natural Language, Dialogue and Speech Symposium: Best Poster Runner Up
- Daniella Sciama Award for Achievement through Adversity 2019.
- Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2017.
- Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science Dragon Award 2013.
- National Merit Semifinalist 2009.
- Nannina Rasulo Memorial Scholarship Award for Technology 2009.