PhD, Informatics. University of Edinburgh (In Progress, est. 2020)
Masters of Science and Engineering, Computer Science. Johns Hopkins University, 2015
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science. Carnegie Mellon University, 2013.
Minor: Language Technologies
The Recurse Center (Sabbatical) Experimental unstructured educational programming retreat.
Johns Hopkins University (2013-2015):
Research Assistant. Machine translation, informal domain adaptation, and semantics research in pursuit of a PhD.
Language Technologies Institute, Carnegie Mellon University (2010-2013):
Research Assistant. Helped design fragmented dependency parse framework and implemented Python libraries for it.
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Language and Speech Processing (Summer 2012):
Undergraduate Research Fellow at the CLSP Summer Workshop. On computer vision team, implemented machine learning algorithms in Matlab to verify and explore boundary annotations from Mechanical Turk.
Koko, inc. (2017)
Contractor. Developed neural classifiers for informal text at NYC startup.
Google (Summer 2015):
SWE Intern, Machine Intelligence group. Worked on semantics of complex noun phrases.
Google (Summer 2013):
SWE Intern, Machine Intelligence group. Using models of real-world knowledge as feedback to semantic annotation systems.
Facebook, Inc. (Summer 2011):
Engineering Intern. Engineered and tested new features for the People You May Know model.
Tutor, University of Edinburgh (2016-)
Machine Learning And Pattern Recognition; Probabilistic Modeling And Reasoning; Informatics Research Review.
Course Assistant, Johns Hopkins University (Fall 2013):
Natural Language Processing.
Teacher’s Assistant, Irvington High School (2008):
Ancient Greek. (I will never drop this item from my CV.)
- Machine Learning for NLP Reading Group Leader at Edinburgh (2018-)
- ILCC Cookie Czar (2018-).
- Student Social Co-Chair for ACL (2014).
- Volunteer for North American Computational Linguistics Olympiad (2011-14).
- Carnegie Mellon TechNights teacher (outreach program) (2013).
- Carnegie Mellon Tartanhacks Mentor (hackathon) (2013).
- Daniella Sciama Award for Achievement through Adversity 2019.
- Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2017.
- Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science Dragon Award 2013.
- National Merit Semifinalist 2009.
- Nannina Rasulo Memorial Scholarship Award for Technology 2009.